8 Steps to selling Castlebank Place, Partick
You’d think a larger styled 2 bed apartment in Glasgow’s West End with the benefits of a balcony, private underground parking and en-suite would have sold pretty fast. It was marketed at a good price, but after being advertised through multiple agencies it still hadn’t sold after 2 years.
Having been a rental for the last few years the owner just wanted to sell it without spending any money on it, but after all this time on the market she had become disillusioned with the sale.
Yates Hellier had recently sold her friends flat in Thornwood and the owner decided to get us round for a chat.
What was the problem?
It was apparent from the outset, the flat had been a rental property and didn’t look as good as it could. The current agencies marketing material reflected this and it looked dull and tired. Over the last year the current agency had averaged 1 viewing per month! It was clear the main issues were;
- The Marketing Material was not attracting enough viewers/ the wrong viewers
- The previous agents hadn’t thought: “Who will buy this apartment?”
- With only 12 viewings in the last 12 months the previous agent didn’t have the right data base of buyers.
With no budget to improve the flat, we got to work.
Can you tell the difference?
Previous Agencies photo of the kitchen
Yates Hellier's Photo of the Kitchen
Previous Agencies photo of the Living Room
Yates Hellier's photo of the Living RoomSo what did we do differently than the previous Estate Agent?
- We spoke about the people most likely to buy their home and how we could tailor our marketing
- We looked at what was also available for sale in the development and how we could beat them
- We decluttered a lot of items in the apartment
- When our professional photographer went in we re-arranged the furniture to create more appealing photographs
- Our office called up over 50 registered buyers before we launched
- Launched on a specific day to attract the highest number of buyers
- We carried out an ‘Early Bird’ viewing for all our registered buyers (this is a viewing held 24 hours before the property goes to market)
- All viewings where conducted by our own Estate Agent.
We left the price the same as the previous agent.
Within the first week of marketing we had 24 viewings. We had our first offer on the first day of marketing with more following the next day along with 6 Notes of Interest being received.
We set a Closing Date after 6 days of marketing and received 5 offers, with the highest offer exceeding the Home Report Valuation.
From initial instruction, Yates Hellier concluded the sale at a price above the sellers expectations within 6 weeks from start to finish.
If you’re property has been on the market for longer than you’d expect, why don’t you give us a call on 0141 248 8726 or email us at email@example.com and see how we could help get you sold.